The Jamestowne Society was organized for educational, historical, and patriotic purposes, and to this end:
- To discover and record the names of all living descendants of those early settlers who made the great sacrifice to establish our English-speaking Nation; and to unite these descendants to honor the memory of our settler ancestors; and to record their deeds, and to do homage to the birthplace of Virginia and the Nation.
- To associate those descendants as members of the corporation.
- To bring the members into closer association through activities revolving around matters of common historical and genealogical interest.
- To promote the restoration of historical records, documents, objects, and edifices which are of lasting cultural value to the people of Virginia and of the Nation.
- To assist in the organization of state companies, reminiscent of the London and Virginia Companies, in states where membership and interest justify them.